ComicBase Updates for Windows
Please send comments (good or bad) about these builds to email@example.com
This utility can be used to force a rebuild of the issues indexes in ComicBase. If those indexes have been damaged, calculating ComicBase Statistics can be extremely slow, often resulting in "Resources exceeded" messages. Using this utility will rebuild those indexes without affecting your collection's data.
(Build 62, 5.2MB)
(Build 10, 5.2MB)
The above updates require a previous full install of ComicBase 16 or ComicBase 16 Express to function. If you’re using a version earlier than ComicBase 16, download the full installer (or renew/upgrade) using the links on the Registrations page before using these updaters.
Note: These program betas currently lack the ability to make a New Database (File > New Database) command, since they do not include the ComicBase database in the new format. If you need this feature, do not install these beta until the final updates are released
- Exit ComicBase if open
- Download and open the updater.
- Copy the enclosed ComicBase 16 file into your [Program Files] (or Program Files (x86) on 64 bit systems)\Human Computing\ComicBase 16 folder.
If you installed ComicBase in a location other than the default ([Program Files]\Human Computing\ComicBase 16), make sure you change the install location to the location where you’ve installed your current copy of ComicBase.
Changes from ComicBase 16.0.1:
- Allows Mass Changes to perform mathematical price changes against the same field as is being changed. E.g., you can now set Price to Price * 0.7 to give a 70% discount.
- Fixed a problem which prevented mass changes to pricing based on another field (other than conditon) from working properly.
- Allowed for a different, more efficient type of database compression to make the download packages smaller in the future.
- Allow users to skip statistics breakdowns by choosing "None" on the File > ComicBase Statistics window.
- Expands the space allotted to value and price on the collection report to allow for more valuable comics.
- Fixes an issue setting default cost appropriately when using the Lookup function from within the Batch > Add Comics to Inventory command.
- Custom Dates no longer appear with time on the issue checklist report.
- Fixed a problem where the status message bar and busy cursor could stay onscreen when a statistics breakdown calculation was complete, making it look like the operation was taking forever.