ComicBase Updates for Windows
Download the appropriate version for your edition of ComicBase.
The above updates require a previous full install of ComicBase 17 or ComicBase 17 Express to function. If you’re using a version earlier than ComicBase 17, download the full installer (or renew/upgrade) using the links on the Registrations page before using these updaters.
Fixes for a few minor issues in the initial release of ComicBase 17 (includes Sidekick 18.104.22.168)
- Having an issue marked as "Wanted" will prevent it from being deleted if you choose to Remove Obsolete Titles / Issues when updating, and that issue isn't part of the update. This allows you to "want" things that don't exist (officially) and not have them go away if you checked that option.
- Wanted now appears as an entry in the Advanced Find lists
- If you had a previous custom field named "wanted", it becomes "Wanted (Custom)" when updating to ComicBase 17. This can also be set under Setup > Custom Fields in the Pro and Archive Editions
- Fixed spacing for the "through" field on large screens when adding comic issues.
- Databases will automatically rebuild their Title lists when first opened in ComicBase 17 to use the new alphabetization algorithm (which does a better job with mixing volumes and series designations). This can also be done manually using File > File Tools > Rebuild Lists > Title Information
- Avoids an error which could occur when reporting if your Company Name was not filled out when registering ComicBase
- Fixed a slight distortion of the ComicBase logo on the Collection Summary report
- Fixes a problem which could cause Sidekick's Settings window's OK and Cancel buttons to be clipped off and not appear.